Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Second-Wind

Lately I have been dragging. I'm not sure what it is, but I know my friend Lydia was feeling under the weather last week and just lacked a lot of energy. I'm tired but not quite tired enough to take a nap, and as a result I just keep pushing through my tired feelings until I get a second-wind.

When I was in high school, I went to JH Ranch, an evangelical Christian camp in Etna, Northern California. They draw a lot from the Southeast and I was probably their first (and only?) person from Delaware. The motto of the camp is essentially testing ourselves physically and mentally, through ropes course work, white water rafting and wilderness navigation, as a reflection or in preparation of testing ourselves spiritually. Essentially, you get to the point where all you can do is rely on God, rather than your own strength, and take that leap of faith to get to the other side. The program was aptly dubbed "Second Wind."

That is what I am praying for: a daily resurrection, a reversal of my myopic reality, a turning of the tide (to conjure up images of LotR). In digging deep, I hope to rely on not on my own strength, but that of Christ, in which I can do everything (Phil 4:13). My God rejuvenate your soul, reverse your circumstance, and deliver you to the other side.

No comments: