Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Paradise Drive


Today I headed out with my trusty guide and friend, Andrew, on a 26-mile ride called Paradise Drive Loop. We begun in San Anselmo, made our way to Mill Valley, then crossed over the 101 to Tiburon before returning through Meadowsweet and Corte Madera.


Andrew takes a break in Tiburon.
It was quite an extensive loop, making for a great workout topped by one spectacular view of the bay after another. All of these were taken at our one break halfway, in downtown Tiburon.


A boat and a bridge

Seeing all the sailboats in the bay made me think of sailing on Lake Tahoe with Dad and Chuck. It also reminded me of how fortunate I am to be studying in a place of such great wealth and beauty.


It's times like these I miss Emily

I give thanks for what I have, and place my trust in God for all those things my heart desires. In this way, of offering thanks and relinquishing control, I feel what the psalmist felt in saying, "In You I lack nothing."

No comments: